Paid positions at various peaks, clubs, and community groups are a broad category for paid employment in government and private organisations within the outdoors.
This may include positions at Scouts, Outdoors Victoria, Paddle Victoria, Dragon boating, urban hiking groups, or groups dedicated to exploring and protecting the outdoors through state government initiatives (e.g. Parks Victoria).
Within these companies, clubs, and groups, you may be a Staff Manager, Administrator, Social Media Manager, Careers Co-ordinator, or Project Officer, to name a select few.
Popular job titles in this job include:
- Social Media Manager
- Administration Assistant
- Events Co-ordinator
- Finance Officer
- Field Staff Manager
- Project Officer
- Policy Writer
- Community Group Manager
A career fit for those who like to..
- Spend time outdoors
- Be a leader within a team and/or group
- Organise events & activities
$50 – $70 K
MID (10 Yrs)
$90 – $110K
EXP (20 Yrs)
$120 K +
Study pathways to this job may include:
Registered Training Providers (RTOs):
- Swift Water Rescue
- Wilderness First Aid
- Activity specific e.g. Climbing, Bushwalking, Paddling, etc.
- Certificate IV in Outdoor Recreation
- Diploma of Outdoor Recreation
- Diploma in Business Management
- Diploma of Communications and Social Media
- Bachelor Degree (Finance, Business, Marketing, Tourism, etc.)
- Masters of Business Administration