By now most of us will be familiar with the Victorian Government’s ‘roadmaps for reopening’ for how we live and work in both metropolitan Melbourne and regional Victoria. The roadmap guidelines provide long-term plans for our path out of restrictions and into COVID Normal.
The Victorian Government has now developed a COVIDSafe Plan Template to reduce the risk of introduction and spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) in the workplace. Every Victorian business that is open for on-site operations must have a COVIDSafe Plan. To ensure compliance, random spot checks are already underway in metropolitan Melbourne and will commence in regional Victoria from 29 September 2020.
- COVIDSafe Plan Guide
- COVIDSafe Plan FAQs- Frequently asked questions to help you understand what a COVIDSafe Plan is and your obligations as an employer.
Here are some extra ‘Outdoor Industry Specific’ quick links
- Education and Training sector guidance– Sector guidance for Education and Training business within metropolitan Melbourne and regional Victoria
- Arts and Recreation Services sector guidance
- Industry Restart Guidelines Tourism – Tours and Transport
- Industry Restart Guidelines: Physical Recreation Indoor and Outdoor
- Industry Restart Guidelines: Outdoor Attractions and Experiences
*Please be aware that as indicated in the above guidelines, “Tourism requiring customers to be in enclosed spaces (e.g. tour buses, aircraft) is not permitted” – OV is currently working through this issue with other peaks and government, and will update everyone if and when the guidelines around closed vehicles changes.
*A reminder also to familiarise yourself with the recent COVIDSafe Plan Template for Victorian Camps, Retreats & Activity Providers created by The Australian Camps Association (ACA)