- Pay conditions and retention of staff
- Training and career pathways
- Industry frameworks
- Access & inclusion &
- Promotion of the industry
Three priority areas were quickly identified as manageable areas to start work on, with matters of ‘access’, ‘inclusion’ and ‘promotion of the industry’ considerations for each of the working groups.
The groups have been formed under these titles:
- Attraction and retention of outdoor workers
- Outdoor qualifications and training pathways
- Industry accreditation and frameworks.
The three groups have begun meeting this moth to form up guidelines for working together, moving forward. Over time, gaps in skills and experience will be identified for different projects and we’ll be asking for expressions of interest from within our community and external experts to fill these gaps.
We will continue to keep you updated on developments and initiatives that emerge.
I am the Facilitator (ie.Secretary) of the ‘Outdoor Qualifications and Pathways’ working group, so reach to me if you have any queries: firstname.lastname@example.org